CALORIES 607 kcal CARBOHYDRATE: 72 g PROTEIN: 7 g FAT: 29 g CHOLESTEROL: 110 mg SODIUM: 128 mg
1. The first and foremost step is to heat the oven at 175 degrees celsius. After preheating the oven, take two 8-inch cake pans and lightly grease it with butter. Also, dust the pans with one tablespoon of cocoa powder.
2. The next step is to cream together the butter and sugar until it is light in color. Now one at a time add eggs and beat the mixture well after each addition.
3. The following step is to take a small bowl and combine oil, one tablespoon of cocoa powder, red food coloring, and vanilla until smooth. After combining all these ingredients, add vinegar and mix thoroughly. Also, pour the creamed sugar mixture into this small bowl and mix thoroughly.
4. Now take a separate bowl and combine all the dry ingredients, i.e., flour, baking soda, and salt. Now you have to mix well all the previous dry ingredients, then add half of the dry ingredients and ½ cup of buttermilk into the wet ingredients bowl. Mix everything nicely. Pour the rest of the contents, i.e., dry ingredients and ½ cup buttermilk into the same bowl and combine.
5. After mixing everything, pour the batter into two prepared cake pans and bake this red velvet cake for about 25 to 30 minutes. You can insert the toothpick to make sure that the center of the cake is well cooked. After baking the red velvet cake, remove it from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
STEPS TO MAKE THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1. To make cream cheese frosting, you need to beat cream cheese, vanilla, and butter together. Beat until it is smooth and lighter in color.
2. After that, beat in icing sugar until the frosting is light and fluffy. (If you find that your frosting is thin, you can add more icing sugar to reach the desired consistency)
STEPS TO ASSEMBLE THE RED VELVET CAKE:
1. To assemble the red velvet cake, transfer the cake onto a serving plate and trim the dome of the cake to create a flat bottom.
2. Take about 1 ½ to 2 cups of frosting and spread it evenly on top of the cake.
3. Place the second layer of red velvet cake on top of the cream cheese frosting. Also, cover the top and sides of the cake with cream cheese frosting.
4. Crumble the trimmed pieces of the red velvet cake to decorate.