1. Bananas, mashed - 1 ½ cups or 3 medium 2. Vegetable oil - ⅓ cup 3. Egg - 1 4. White granulated sugar - 1 cup 5. All-purpose flour - 1 ½ cups 6. Cocoa - ⅓ cup 7. Baking soda - 1 teaspoon 8. White vinegar - 1 teaspoon 9. Baking powder - ½ teaspoon 10. Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon 11. Chocolate chips - 1 cup
CALORIES: 221 kcal CARBOHYDRATE: 39 g PROTEIN: 3 g FAT: 8 g CHOLESTEROL: 13 mg SODIUM: 99 mg
1. The first and foremost step is to preheat the oven at 177 degrees celsius.
2. Line the muffin pan (it should have twelve counts) with cupcake liners. Set the prepared muffin pan aside.
3. Take a large-size bowl and amalgamate the mashed bananas, eggs, and vegetable oil.
4. Take another large-size bowl and combine all the dry ingredients, i.e., all-purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa, and granulated sugar.
5. Next, add the dry ingredients mixture into the banana mixture. Use a spatula to integrate the mixture by stirring. Avoid over-mixing the batter of muffins.
6. Now, in a small-size, mix baking soda and vinegar.
7. Next, pour this vinegar mixture and vanilla extract into the muffin batter. Stir to commingle these ingredients.
8. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips.
9. By using the spoon, spoon out the chocolate banana muffin batter into the prepared muffin pan. Only fill ⅔ from the top.
10. You can also dust the batter with the icing sugar or sprinkle some more chocolate chips (this step is optional).
11. For 20 to 25 minutes, bake the chocolate banana muffins. To check if the muffins are thoroughly cooked, insert the toothpick. It should come out clean. Your toothpick may have melted chocolate stick onto it, but that’s fine. The batter should not be raw.
12. Serve the muffins either warm or at room temperature.
13. Relish the luscious chocolate banana muffins.
1. Make muffins gluten-free: Use gluten-free oat flour, almond flour, coconut flour, rice flour in place of all-purpose flour.
2. Make muffins for vegans or egg-free: Substitute regular eggs with flax eggs (to make flax eggs mix two tablespoons of flaxseed + six tablespoons of water + ¼ cup of almond milk).
SUGGESTIONS FOR STORING CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS:
1. For four to five days, you can easily store them at room temperature. Make sure to wrap them in a plastic wrap or a cling wrap.
2. You can also freeze these chocolate banana muffins by wrapping in plastic and then in an aluminum foil. It can stay in your freezer for two months.