1. All-purpose flour - 3 cups plus more for the surface 2. Baking powder - 1 teaspoon 3. Salt - 1 teaspoon 4. Unsalted butter - 1 cup (cut into ½ inch pieces) 5. Ice water - ½ cup or maybe more
NEEDED FOR THE FILLING:
1. Chicken, shredded and cooked - 3 cups or four boneless chicken breast 2. Butter - ½ cup or more 3. Salt - add to taste 4. Black pepper - add to taste 5. Carrots, peeled and diced - 2 large 6. Onion, chopped - 1 medium 7. Garlic, minced - 3 cloves 8. All-purpose flour - ¾ cups 9. Chicken broth - 3 cups 10. Heavy cream - ¼ cup 11. Frozen peas - 1 cup 12. Frozen corn - 1 cup 13. Dried parsley - 2 teaspoon 14. Dried thyme - 1 teaspoon 15. Egg wash
CALORIES: 475 kcal CARBOHYDRATE: 41 g PROTEIN: 15 g FAT: 28 g CHOLESTEROL: 74 mg SODIUM: 768 mg
STEP 1: MAKE THE DOUGH:
1. To prepare the dough for the crust, place the flour and butter in a freezer for 30 minutes. Pulse pinch of salt, flour, and baking powder in a large food processor until well combined. Add butter and pulse again until slightly larger pieces form. With the mixing machine running, add approximately one tablespoon ice water at a time until the dough forms. The dough must be moist and sticky.
2. Now take the dough out from the food processor onto the lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into two balls and then flatten them out into two discs. Make sure there are no cracks. Cover these two dough discs with a plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
STEP 2: COOK THE CHICKEN:
1. The first and foremost step is to preheat the oven at 204 degrees celsius. Take a large baking dish and grease it with butter and also grease one side of the parchment paper. Season the boneless pieces of chicken with salt and black pepper. Place this seasoned chicken in a pan and on top of the chicken place the buttered side of parchment paper. For 30 to 40 minutes, bake the chicken or until it is thoroughly cooked. After cooked completely, cut it into cubes. 2. If you have cooked shredded chicken ready, then skip this process.
STEP 3: PREPARE THE FILLING:
1. Take a large pot and melt butter over medium heat. Cook chopped onions and diced carrots for 10 minutes until they begin to soften. 2. Now stir in garlic and flour. Cook the flour mixture until it becomes golden and begins to bubble. 3. Whisk in chicken broth and bring this mixture to boil until it becomes thick. After this, stir in heavy cream, cubed or shredded chicken, peas, corn, parsley, and thyme. Add the flavorings such as salt and pepper into the filling.
STEP 4: ASSEMBLE AND BAKE THE PIE:
1. Roll out one refrigerated disc of dough into a large round on a lightly floured surface. It should be ¼-inch thick. 2. Place this rolled out dough in a shallow pie dish. Add filling. 3. Roll the second disc of dough in the same manner and place it on top of the filling. Trim the edges and create slits on top. Apply egg wash with a brush. 4. For 45 minutes, bake the chicken pot pie at 191 degrees celsius. Before serving, cool the pie for 15 minutes.